Monday, June 7, 2010

Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Okay, we’re gonna watch Avatar already. I’m excited! I seated at the corner with Marie seated beside me, then Nina, Aladin, Red, and Coco. I noticed that there is really something special between he two, and I gotta learn more but needs to watch the movie first.

I really wanted to concentrate on the movie ‘cause I have been waiting for it in the last few months and now I gotta watch it! I’ve noticed a lot of changes: not so cute Aang, different kind of bending, colder Zuko and hotter Sokka! Haha. I so love the Avatar series. I nearly bought all my notebooks having Avatar designs in them but it felt childish so I forgot about it. But I still love Avatar, though.

But even with all my efforts to focus, my attention was diverted from the movie to the murmuring and laughing around. I really want to shut them up but it really would be disrespectful of me so I just joined them. I could still watch the movie some other time, but bonding with them, not always. So why spoil the chance?

“Hey guys, may I join?” I asked.

“Sure,” Nina and Marie said at the same time.


“Uhm, May I know what you two are talking about? You’ve been squealing even Rathbone’s not on the screen yet.”

“Who’s Rathbone?” Marie asked.

“He’s Jasper Hale/ Sokka. Got it?” I answered with a sigh. How come she doesn’t know?

“We’ve been yelping here because of Stefan. We saw him while we were going here. He’s so hot!” Nina inserted.

Oh, the great Stefan Lowell, the guy who dumped me years ago infront a lot of people. We were in elementary and still kids, yet still embarrassing. I really hate myself every time I remember that incident. But he is really cool, though.

“Hey Kate, you okay? Is something wrong?” Nina asked me.

“Uhm yeah, I’m okay. I just remembered something.”

“About Stefan L.?” she asked again, emphasizing the L.

“Ugh, yes.”

“Then share it, please?” Marie pleaded.

“Oh, it’s all in the past. Forget it.”

“Don’t kill joy Kate. It’ll be your first time to share. Please?” Nina pleaded too.

“Uhm, okay,” I finally gave in.

“Hey guys, come closer. Kate’s gonna share something,” Nina announced to the group. I’m nervous because they’ll know my past failure, but I think it’s just okay, though. Past is past.

“So here, when I was in my fifth grade, I had a crush on this guy. He’s tall, handsome, intelligent, and friendly. He was my seatmate then,” I started.

“Stefan Lowell?” Coco interrupted.

“Yeah,” I replied. Oh, I remember. Coco was also my classmate then that’s why she knows.

“We’ve been seatmates and close friends for many months. We exchanged ideas on a topic, talked about some stuff, and even made assignments and projects together. During those times, I knew that that wasn’t just a crush thing anymore. I knew it was something deeper. Love maybe, I don’t know. So one night, I made a love letter and decided to give it to him. The next day, I gained enough courage to give him the letter but he rejected it. He shouted at me and told me not to talk to him anymore. I was shocked and hurt and angry at him at the same time. That wasn’t the Stefan I knew. After that, he started avoiding me and acted as if our friendship didn’t exist. I hate him!” I said and slammed my hand at the arm rest. I didn’t care if my hand hurt or the people complained or even my tears falling. There’s only one thing I had in my head: I hate Stefan Lowell.

“But that happened in the past, Kate,” a handsome voice said. Hey wait, that voice belongs to Stefan Lowell! I should get outta here. I didn’t see him at the seat behind me. Ugh!

“Kate, I’m sorry for what happened,” he added as he touched my shoulders. “Can we be friends again?”

“Don’t touch me,” I said to him and he removed his hand on my shoulder. “Guys, I need to leave,” I said to Nina and the others.

“How about the movie?” Josh asked.

“I could still watch it some other time, but not now,” I told him.

“Then I think we should all go then. It won’t be enjoyable to watch if one of us isn’t in the mood,” he added.

“No need guys, you can stay if you want,” I said.

“No Kate, we could just go to other places and enjoy ourselves. Not with a spoiler here,” Marie suggested, rolling her eyes at Stefan.

“Is it really okay guys?” I asked.

“Oh sure. You’re part of the team,” Nina answered.

“Thanks guys! So, let’s go to the ice cream station. I’ll give you all a treat,” I said excitedly, getting the guy out of my mind and stood up to go out.

When we were about to leave,

“Kate, I’m really sorry,” the voice said again.

“Oh, shut up dork! The damage had been done,” I said to him and stormed out of the movie house. To remove my anger, I treated the gang with super deluxe ice creams, yum! I was just starting to enjoy the day. After eating, we went to the arcade, my favorite part of the mall. I tried dance revo for the first time with Marie, raced with Aladin, fought with Josh at Tekken, shot balls with Nina, and sang with Coco. It was super fun! Too bad the day had to end.

It was already 8 o’clock so we needed to go home and rest.

“I had so much fun guys. I hope that we do it again,” Marie said.

“Sure, if you’ll treat us a movie,” teased Aladin and that made Marie blush.

“Yeah, it was fun, but sorry for what I did at the movie house. I was so rude,” I said, being sad and guilty.

“Don’t be gloomy, girl,” Nina said. “It was just fine. We understood that you didn’t like what happened, and you made up with the sundaes. It was so nice of you, Kate.”

“Oh thanks Nina. Thank you all guys for understanding me and you’re welcome for the dessert. Let’s have a group hug!” I suggested. Everyone hugged each other and laughed, and then we bid each other goodbye. I was about to go home gleefully when suddenly,

“Kate?”

No comments:

Post a Comment